Friday, January 24, 2014

Onyx Book Review

Leave a Comment
ISBN: 1620610116 (ISBN13: 9781620610114)
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Published: August 14th, 2012



Kathy gets too confused about her feelings for Daemon and tries to hold them back leaving her  in denial. She's too presuming that he is only doing all the sweet deeds because of their "alien mojo" connection.
"I wanted what my parents had. Undying love. Powerful. True. A whacked-out alien bond couldn't do that for me."
The problem is the more she denies it, the more she falls... hard.
“His brows were lowered in concentration. Thick, sooty lashes hid his eyes.
They lifted and his lips spread into a grin.
I was in so much trouble.” 
Then the new student appear, Blake Saunders, who seems to take interest in her. While Kathy is sure that there was actually no competition between him and Daemon, she gives Blake a chance to get to know her, for normality sakes. But so much for normal, she realize that Blake has a secret of his own, and guess what? He has something to do with a Luxen too.

While there's so much happenings going on they blindly become aware that the real threat was at their feet, much more dangerous that the Arum. The DOD - Department of Defense. And now Kathy is unexplainably and uncontrollably having alien powers, DOD should never know that Daemon is now linked to her, or they'll end up like Dawson (Daemon's brother) and Bethany(Dawson's Girlfriend). Dead.

“If there is anything, there is us. You and me. No one else.” 
Next installment of the Lux Series, Onyx, will surely take you on a roller coaster ride. There had been so much of the jaw dropping events, so many twist and turn. Kathy and Daemon's chemistry is still undeniably sizzling. If Obsidian made women fall and drool, well then it's wash and repeat like ten times more with this one.

Kathy did irritate me more than once, but I love how she is not a perfect heroine. She makes idiotic decisions, hated her for being freaking stubborn, but it made her character grow. I find myself smiling about the fact that she is such a book nerd, which obviously I can relate. She is still full of confidence and I super love how she can still snap back during Daemon's arrogant moments.
“Just because I’m human doesn’t mean I’m weak.” 
And Daemon, Oh, Daemon. He is so funny in this series. It's really nice to know Daemon's soft sweet side. Told you there's really something about those bad ass dude who can fall deep and he is so cute when he is jealous!  He had me laughing so hard as he pretend to not to remember Blake's (new guy) name and keeps on changing it just to annoy him. It was hilarious.
Oh, geez. I twisted toward Blake. “This is Daemon Black.”
His smile faltered. “Yeah, I know who he is, too.”
Laughing under his breath, Daemon straightened. At his full height, he was a good head taller than Blake. “It’s always nice to meet another fan.”
Yeah, Blake had no idea what to say to that.” 
"Jesus." Blake rubbed his throat. "You have anger management problems. Its like a disease." "There's a cure and it's called kicking your ass." 


Rating:  4 stars
Plot: Growing in me
Page Turner: First few chapter's a bit slow,
 but it gets better.
Recommended: Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Decided to signup to Daemon's fans club.




0 comments:

Post a Comment